Diving is an art and passion not all people can learn or use as a career. Some people love water and like to go under water. Having a hobby for fun is easy but using diving as a career is not simple. You have to learn the most important skills used in this career. The most important skill is time management under water. You can’t stop your breath for a long time while doing scuba diving and other stunts. Some people love to break new limits and like to go to new depths in their career. Even thrill seekers have to make sure that they stay safe while participating in their desired adventures. Staying safe requires keeping track of time spending under water. For that purpose, you have to use a perfect diving watch to manage time in your favor.
Diving watches are best rated on the feature of their resistance to water pressure. A good diving watch should have an easily readable dial that can be seen through a diving mask in low light conditions. Different water resistant watches have different capabilities of resisting water with more substantial coverings. These coatings keep the water away and work well against great water pressure. Innovation in technology has added more functionality to these wristwatches. Digital water resistant diving watches should have more attributes such as time zone alert, and altitude measurements to provide more assistance under water.
A regular 500-meter water resistant watch is best for doing an adventure in water. These diving watches work great in deep sea conditions. Even if you are not a fan of diving in deep water, you can use these watches while having fun in the swimming pools. But if you want a watch just to use while working, then a 150-meter water resistant watch is good enough for you, to protect it from water splashes in rainy seasons.
There are some facts about water resistant watches you should consider before using them:
- These water resistant watches are not designed for longer use in water.
- There are many dangerous chemicals in the water that can damage the seal of your water resistant watch. Some perfumes and sprays can also affect the seal of these watches.
- Test your watch’s water resistance after some time. The seals should be properly checked and replaced for their efficient use in water.
- Water resistant watch will lose its resistance if the screw-down knob is unlocked while going in the water. So, be sure to adjust it to normal position before use.
- The high temperature of the water can also damage the water resistant seal of your watch.
Choose your watch wisely to overcome these issues that can damage your watch, and as a diver, you should be more careful towards your purchase decision.